Homeschooling with Charlotte Mason in the Natural State

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Picture Study? Why do it?

As I sat in my bedroom waiting for something to print I hear down the hall running to me...

"Mama! Mama! It's her! It's her! He's painting her!"

What would your first thought be?

Mine was, "Oh no! who's painting who? Has someone gotten into the paint without asking me?"

As I finally got them to slow down and tell me what was going on I finally realized who "It's her! It's her!" was.

You see my kids were watching a cartoon where the dog in the cartoon started to paint a picture by a famous artist. They couldn't remember her name/name of the painting, but I finally got it out of one of my kids..

"It's that Da Vinci guy!"

Yep, you guessed it. The dog in the cartoon was painting the Mona Lisa!

How's that for picture study! LOL And I thought I was wasting my time or at least no one was listening.

Oh but that's not the best part!...my littlest one said, before telling me who the artist was, "You know the girl that smiles like this." Yep it was a smile just like Mona Lisa! (wink, wink)

Have fun with your Picture Study! You never will know when it will be proven that they do make a realtionship with the picture!

No comments: